Well, this blog came into its own! Because having written down I was doing the fell run thing yesterday was the only reason I actually did! On 4 hours sleep..
It was such a beautiful, still, bright morning..so once on the move, I was really glad to be out..even if running did feel quite a struggle. I was really inspired by how fit people are..this is always demonstrated spectacularly when you see them bounce UP steep hills! And plenty as old and much older than me..also inspiring. (there are photos on Northumberland Fell Runners site)
Apart from the views, the lovely part of the event was that it finished at the top - so got to jog down gently, chatting and meeting people. I've never yet got round to doing any focus on running - and it is my weakest (of 3 weak!) discipline...(event results usually give placings in age group for each discipline - my swim is usually about half way down, bike three quarters down, and run bottom!). I was chatting to a woman from Morpeth Harriers and have decided to go and train with them for two or three months in the spring, as they meet on Mondays. Alnwick meet on Weds which I can't do..This will be instead of swim training on Mon nights..but it'll be getting towards time to be back in open water anyway..
AND - I'm not impossibly stiff and achy today! So no excuse not to drill holes in the kitchen...
Thur 1st Jan
Short fell run event - 'Hill forts and headaches' - from Rothbury. 41min 52 secs. 3 miles. then 1m walk, 2 mile gentle run back down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment