Sunday, 4 January 2009

Down the Coast

How folk run marathons and more (hello sister) is beyond me - well, it's not, in that I now know most things are just training...do it and it pays off eventually, but patience required. So a marathon one day is within the realms of possibility, but certainly not now. Afterall, when I watched my sister complete the official Northumberland Coastal run (14miles), 3 or 4 years ago, that seemed totally amazing and something definitely impossible for me...and now I've done it! And until the last mile and a half, it wasn't even a struggle! Enjoyed it. Ran with someone who I hadn't spoken to before for most of the way to Craster, (first half), and our pace was totally compatible - this rarely happens to me! And I found out about Wooler running club, who meet on Tuesdays and run in the hills...so that is definitely the one for me. I'm certainly feeling having run significantly further than I train - which is not normally more than an hour and a half's worth..an hour less than today. And I've got a few blisters on my toes..really hoping that's not down to newish trail shoes, as I've been loving them. Might not happen if I build up more gradually?

Social coastal run - 14 miles, mostly off road (especially way I went which didn't use road between Boulmer and Seaton Point), mostly either sand, dune tracks, and a few muddy tracks. Took just under 2.5 hrs - though didn't time. Felt good for 12 miles of it, then feeling it in hips and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment