Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Short pool swim, 15 mins drills, 8.45am - 25m Br S, 75m catch up (one hand touches other at furthest forward part of stroke, before pull starts)
50m kick, 50m catch up just pull (pull buoy - is that
what they're called?! The one that goes between your legs!)
50m kick, 50 m fist pull (using buoy) (swim with clenched fist - encourages using whole forearm more effectively for 'catch' - can't explain what catch is! But it's important! If I did it bette, I'd glide through the water faster and more efficiently)
repeat above
100m nearly catch up (after the fist pulling, can really
feel the catch)
25m stroke count (pull hard and long as possible with
aim of reducing the no. of strokes per length - knackering)
(I did 23 both times, without a giding start to lengths)
,
25m - relaxed stroke - x 2

total - 600m

No comments:

Post a Comment