Must be raving bonkers setting the alarm for 5.30am just to attempt Winnats Pass again..it was dark so at least I had the sense to reset it for 6! Headed out on main road to Hope and back on Pindale road (2x 14%) to warm/wake up...which is when I realised I was heading straight into a blustery head breeze - not good..
..so starting on up, felt ok...just focus on the road..just keep pedalling...not impossible so far - but just before that 2nd grit bin it gets steeper - so that's why I didn't get any further than that bin last time..I'm pulling on the handle bars now and really struggling to keep pedalling...passed the bin...but not too far past before I could no longer pedal. At least I successfully unclipped! Then walked fast the last third up. I realised I hadn't wimped out before - it stays that steep for a long way further with no let up..oh well, next year...
Saturday 29th August 09
bike, steep hilly 5 miles, 6.45am - to Hope on main road, back on Pindale, then UP the Winnats - got about two thirds - about 30 metres beyond the grit bin, so better than the first attempt! Against head wind. Must try doing it following someone who can do it!
Friday 28th August 09
run, hilly 5miles, 6pm - up Cavedale, to lane not far from Rowters, but turned back due to nasty cows, and cut off left to meet up with zig zag path back down to Castleton. Heavy rain, and dogs, both made it harder than would've been, but hip ok, phew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment