Sunday, 2 August 2009

Surreal swimming...

Wasn't going to go sea swimming with our tri group yesterday morning - had become nocturnal during the week and had no carbs in me from the fat loss diet week - 5th and last day coming up - so I'd convinced myself that the 9am swim in cold water was bad for me, despite a lack of any swimming lately, and didn't set the alarm...

...only to be woken up by a Helvellyn nightmare at 7.30am - I was all changed etc ready for the start of the event - and got chatting to someone and suddenly realised I was late - made a mad dash for the swim start but they wouldn't let me in, despite my pleading. I was devastated! And woke up. I lay thinking perhaps I really ought to go swimming afterall...then, don't be daft, it was just a dream! 20 mins later I'd convinced myself that if I didn't go I'd not manage Helvellyn, so off I went in the rain, thinking there's be no one there anyway. But there were 4 hardy souls, so in I went! Actually, it was lovely once in - and fun coming out in pourring rain! 

Saturday 1st August 09
Sea swim - short, just 20mins ish, about 500m - was getting cold, probably due to no carbs?

Thur, Fri, Sat Fatloss diet - managed as per plan eating wise, but didn't do enough HITs - nothing on Thurs or Fri - went to Harry Potter instead on the Thurs! Also pretty stiff from the cyclospeed Wed - think I pushed myself harder than usual. Had pasta after Harry, in Pizzaland..then 2nd metabolic booster meal - pasta again, 4pm ish on Sat, before driving to Peak District..

Didn't actually weigh myself before or after! But I'm going to try and stay more conscious of avoiding biscuits etc til after Helvellyn - apart from my morning dippies!

No comments:

Post a Comment