Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Might not have made Winnats, but....

..did today manage, surprisingly, the back road way up Lemmington Bank - was so pleased I was cheering at the top! It looks scarily steep when you're on way up - and I didn't think it'd be possible. I think sometimes my fear of a hill stops me managing it. Been learning a fair bit in last few weeks about how influencial the mind is - usually negatively - so I need to learn both to switch it off, and how to use it more positively - aswell as the 'on my own' things, like visualising, things like how much faster you can go, or harder you might persevere (with some people, but give up sooner with others!) with company of others..today's lesson was just not to think about it - and not to look up - just look down and focus on how you are actually feeling - realise that I am managing it, rather than fear of the next bit - and also to think things like 'this is similar to how hard it felt going up the Mam Tor hill and you managed that.."

Wed 12th August 09

med hilly bike - about 20 miles - or maybe 18 (can't remember if lemington Bank is 6 or 8 miles from home) - Cyclo warm up; Shilbottle to Lemington Bk via Moors road, Rugely etc - therefore that steep hill past the Rugely turn, which is always steeper than I think it'll be - then the long but more gradual climb up past the farm to the top of the moors before the cross roads - turned right, then dropped down steeply on back Lemington Bank road, and back up the main Lemington Bank road, which is pretty steep early on, and then a slog of at least a mile, bit more maybe. Double back down same hill and reversed - back UP the back Lemington Bank - shorter, but steeper than the main road - DID IT - HOORAY! And back home again.

Tuesday 11th August 09

Sea swim, 4.30pm Sugar Sands, about 30 mins pushing on harder and more continuously than usual.
VEry short run - just before swim, 20 mins at most

Monday 10th August 09 -
Tri pool session, 8pm

First time I've been for ages, but haven't swum much lately
50 warm up as in late!
200m kick
100m - 25m pull with buoy bet legs, 25m catch up with bouy, twice
100m doggy paddle (why?!)
8 x 100m with 10 secs rest between each
100m warm down

1350m altogether - might've missed some bits out?

Cyclo speed circuits 1,2,3 - 4pm, 30-40mins - hard! As always


No comments:

Post a Comment