Thursday, 27 August 2009

Yeah - made it up a 1 in 5

It wasn' t Winnats - decided to try the one coming out of Bradwell to meet the Siggats road back into Castleton dropping down from the quarry. Did a couple of 14% first - on the Pindale road, then up Siggats - the second was a big slog. .I'm sure Mam Tor is no less steep though, even though on paper it is. Then I dropped down the 20%er into Bradwell - but stopped just after the village started, which is short of the bottom of the hill - but pretty sure it didn't get any steeper. Coming down I was singing 'it's just a hill'! There was another road going off and up, so went a bit up this to get a start into mine and clipped in....and managed - didn't feel any harder than Siggats or Mam Tor. Blimey. So now I'm thinking perhaps I'll try Winnats again afterall. I'd gone for this as it didn't have the same fear/drama attached to it - hadn't been built up in my head - and it was much quieter. But now I've proved to myself I can do it I feel more confident about Winnats, and will get up early tomorrow and have another go....be great to go to Helvelln knowing I'd got up Winnats..and a great way to finish my Helvellyn training..

Thurs 27th August 09

Bike - about an hour, about 10miles - to Hope, Pindale rd (short 14% x 2), left and up Siggats Hill (longer 14%, and continuing up for couple of miles less steeply), dropped down 20% to Bradwell and back up - managed - back down Siggats to Castleton. Really pleased.

Wed 26th August 09

Cyclocore bonus abs, Speed - active stretching, and Cyclo secrets breathing exercises. Hadn't tried the last before - can't do the 'on demand' workouts straight from computer at home. Actually, Hadn't noticed this one on there..

No comments:

Post a Comment