Not the time for a potentially serious left hip niggle..signs of it first after running steepluy uphill with sister a couple of weeks ago, but ok since - but came back today when running out in Thrunton Woods - had planned to do whole 10 mile red route, but cut it short, because the hip was getting increasingly sore. Did about 7 probably. Back at home soon after it really felt quite sore, and was hard getting upstairs, but after a lie down and doze, seems to have faded almost right away again. Maybe something related to pushing uphill? Not that I was pushing at all hard today. Now don't know whether to try and train later in week/next week at my sister's in Peak District...was really going to push hard for last big training week before taper.
Did get to try my new 'Nathan' bottle belt - fantastic! Very comfortable. 3 little bottles, so they don't get in the way of your arms. They've got plastic moulded sort of cannisters that hold them on belt - not elastic - so easy to get in and out whilst running. And the nozzles are designed for easy sucking of gels - which is why I went for more expensive version of belt, because I want them to contain thickish mixture of Perpetuum. So now can force it down me, with a swig of water from Camelbak. Didn't really work well on bike the other day, as wasn't wearing Camelbak, and texture of mixture just too horrible without an immediate swig of water! So I shall have a more diluted version on the bike I think, in a normal bottle, mixed with something nicer tasting! This is the Hammer endurance fuel for events over 2 hours, where they recommend some protein aswell as carbs. So I'm thinking: 40 min swim, 3 hrs bike, 2-3 hrs run...bit of HEED just before (complex carbs only, and electrolytes energy drink), bottle of HEED on bike for hydration and energy, 1.5 hrs worth of Perpetuum ie 3 scoops, in other bottle on frame. Must put that on bike actually, and practice getting it in ride; then 3 hrs worth of perpetuum for run - divvied between 2 little bottles (as lost top for third on run today, hadn't screwed on properly) - so 1.5 hrs per bottle = 3 scoops each. And Camelbak water, which ok is a bit of a pain to carry, but so easy - and can squeeze in required mac, emergency cover thing, whistle, map, and mobile in there too. Not sure about the requirement for 'full body cover' - think it means more than just the emergency blanket thing? So thinking I might put on long leggings at T2..not carrying legwear..
Also discovered today that running after an Indian takeout the previous night, before it's all through the system, is not a good idea. Glad I recognised comfrey leaves - nice and soft!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment