Sunday, 2 August 2009

Hip wreck!

Out of my sister's front door and 5 mins later we're going steeply up to Hollins Cross on the ridge between Edale and Hope Vallies. Then on up, not so steeply, but I was knackered, to Mam Tor - where a man was busy dying, receiving heart compressions after a heart attack - wasn't anything we could do as plenty of folk already there sorting things out. I thought it was a pretty good place to die, myself - amazing views down 2 vallies, beautiful day, if a few too many tourists...

Along Rushup edge - then I'm not sure after that - could see Sparrowpit near Chapel en le Frith, and think we went through High Peak Forest (a village)...then meandered gradually but relentlessly up through a deciduous wood, before seeing Rowters Farm on up to the left, but bearing off behind and down towards Cavedale - which was horrible to get down once at the steep bit, as it had turned into a waterfall.

I'm struggled much more than I thought I would. Yes, it was a hard run with that long steep beginning - but it should have felt more manageable than it did. I was getting twinges/aches in my left inner hip, and my left ankle ached a bit too. Makes me realise how few aches and twinges I've had overall. Probably not the easiest run following a fat loss week, given the few days previous nutrition supposedly has an effect. Had only had one pasta meal and some cerial for breakfast this morning. So maybe glycogen stores still down. Didn't take any energy drink, which was a bit silly. Also still premenstrual I think. Was telling myself it's good to run feeling not great - good training  - I'll  probably be either premenstrual or worse at Helvellyn..

Can hardly lift my legs now due to moaning hips!

Sunday 2nd August 09

long run - 10.5 miles, 1.30pm - 2.5hrs ish (very ish)  

No comments:

Post a Comment