Tuesday, 12 May 2009

First proper 10k run event..Les Allcorn (Alnwick Harriers)

umm..not sure if this was such a good idea a few days before Keswick Mountain Festival Tri..? Really enjoyed it though..was a Wooler running club night, and they were all coming down, so decided to join them. The intention was to run really gently, especially as not the 'time of month' I'd normally run, due to being injury prone..(sorry mum - periods again! But it is relevant, as it effects training - hormones effect joints) but with it being an event, although I didn't feel like I was pushing hard - felt good all the way round, and what a beautiful evening, and scenic route round Hulne Park in Alnwick - I must've been pushing harder than i normally do when I'm running for an hour, as I can feel it in my calves - and I can't usually..which goes to show joining Wooler running club is a good idea, as you automatically push yourself harder when with others - so I might actually improve! I was guessing I'd take about an hour and I was right.

Run - 10k (event) - (7.15) - 59;19 - didn't feel a struggle, so happy - gives me a baseline time for the distance, enjoyed, but calves tired now

cyclocore warmdown routine - 10 mins

sea swim (11.30) - sugar sands - 20 min - wavier than has been, but beautiful day - had to remember not to breathe whilst sighting, as choked/winded myself a couple of times

No comments:

Post a Comment