Mam tor on the bike, that is - and it was, amazingly, easier this time! (photo isi looking down where I cycled up). Hadn't planned on doing any exercise today - was a rest day, after yesterday...but brother in law got back from work and said 'right, are we going out on the bikes then?'...and as it was such a beautiful evening, we did. Was a bit worried about making it up again on the back of yesterday's exertions - not as stiff as I thought I'd be, but certainly could feel it! We went quite gently, and didn't have a headwind down Edale valley to contend with. But that also meant we didn't have the wind behind us going up the hill! I really surprised myself by how much easier it felt today..still very hard, but I was never in doubt that I'd make it - and didn't struggle as early as yesterday either - partly as we were going slower I think. For once, I got to wait for 2-3 mins at the top! But then was left for dead going down Whinnats!
Bike - 11 miles ish - 1 hour ish - main road to Hope today, not via Pindale road, so less hilly. Then as yesterday. Felt good up the hill.

No comments:
Post a Comment