Friday, 26 December 2008

troublesome tuesday


The original plan for Tue 23rd Dec was to run 10 miles at Thrunton, round the red route..but woke up with really heavy period and decided not to risk my joints, which seem to go peculiar and get injured at such times..

...so thought, right - good opportunity to try Graeme's spin class, no3 of which was online..

..so I've somehow set turbo thing and bike up in room with the computer, in such a way as to leave a tiny bit of floor space for the warm up section not on the bike..quite a challenge, as you can see in the photo...and then no sooner am I on the bike - having DONE the warm up - than 'the computer said no' (sorry, English TV related humour!) - and cut out...then, when I got the spin class back, I couldn't forward it..by the time I waited for it to get to the right place, it cut out again..and I gave up. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Decided to give up and do the turbo session from wk 2 of Coach Als tri training plan instead, followed by short, relaxed run on beach - as per plan:

Tues 23 Dec 08 (red = jargon buster)
Turbo trainer, wk 2 of training plan - 5min warm up with a few spin ups (spin ups: pedal very fast on easy gear without bottom bouncing!)

- 8 x 30'' OLDs (easy gear) (30 secs of one leg drills) - found hard to maintain form after 20 secs, so reduced time for 4th - 8th.
- (1') (1 min rest)
- 8x 30'' superspins, with 5-10'' riser (stand up just few inches) in no.8
- 5' easy
- 4 x 3' big gear , fairly relaxed, alternating 30'' sitting, 30'' standing (2')
- 4 X 30'' (1') super spins
- (3')
4 x (1' spin ups (gradually build up to superspin), (30'')

Cool down 5'


Easy run, 30 min - did Warkworth beach car park - Amble pier (back of dunes path) and back along beach, with dog. Felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment