Well, it's a while since I subjected myself, and I'm missing it! Don't think I'd realised it's going to take as long as it will - probably should've have looked at previous slowest times for the event before I entered! Very hilly. Lots of fire road biking - ugh. Made the mistake of looking at photos too - scary - lots of bikers all piled together - I'm so going to get in the way. As it's half term, going to go up on Thurs and practise, with Joel - and organise hiring a bike. I guess the uphill biking would be easier with clip in pedals - but that's way too terrifying on a mountain bike - on the way down my feet are more out than in!
Mon 16th Feb 09
short run (40 min)(3pm) - Alnmouth beach - Seaton point and back via hill up to top of golf course, down and back up carpet hill, to Friary and back to car park via golf club house (well, not into it!). Added 4x 30 secs at faster pace towards end. Felt quite heavy today. Concentrated on breathing hard and long out, faster and fuller in - out for 4 strides, in for 2, and leaning forward more.
Swim - tri pool sesh - 8-9pm -
200m - relaxed FS warm up
2x 15om of 50m kick, 100m FS
2x 150m FS, 30 secs rest
2x 100m FS 15 secs rest (was s'posed to've been 4x 150, but I was struggling)
50m recovery backstroke
2x 100m of breathing every 3, 5, 7, 3
4 x 100m, 10 secs rest (the aim was on 2min - did first 2 in about 1m.50, 1m 55 - was struggling after that - was s'psed to have been 6x 100)
100m warm down
total - 1750m
(here was I thinking I was struggling - actually, I'm still new to such high total metres, especially at relatively fast pace for me. Felt a struggle mentally because there were a couple of women missing who are usually between me at the tail, and the next swimmer - so the gap kept growing quite large, which is demoralising! )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment