Aaaaghh..computers - and swimming technique - not at same time...you can now do alot of cycloclub stuff online, along with a video - which is a fantastic way of doing training - especially turbo trainer and strength/core etc exercise..but if you just click on it you have to keep stopping while it 'buffers' (stops for few mins) - to get round this, you can let it play before you want to do it - then rewind...but there's something wrong with my computer, and the internet keeps cutting out after 30 mins or so...so got about 20 mins through spin session 5 - the first 10 mins of which was breathing exercises - then gave up..and did the turbo bit from tri training wk 3 - much more boring! I like having the music to pace me...and Graeme shouting at me!..I partly did this session as had decided not to go swimming, as our cul de sac is full of ice, and I hadn't defrosted car...but half way through a late dinner, at 7.30, got an offer of a lift, so went afterall, as didn't swim last week - and ended up working much harder than I normally do, as went in lane up from where I normally do, due to it being less crowded...I was quite pleased with how it was going - we did 3 lots of 150m, and I was doing the first hundred of each faster than I've done before (about 1m 50-55)...until I was given technique advice which totally threw me - I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS! Just when you think it's going well, someone throws a spanner in the works..
Mon 2 Feb 09
Bike:
cyclowarm (warm up) - 20 mins of cycloclub spin session no.5 (10 min breathing techniques, 10 mins warming up on bike with strange breathing patterns (out for 5, in for 2), shoe scraper, knee thrusters and scissors drills...
- 30mins tri training wk 3 turbo session - 4 x 30'' (secs) spin ups (1'(min))
- 4 x 30'' OLDs scr (small chain
ring)
- 4x 30'' OLDs BCR (big chain
ring)
(pleased, as one leg drills didn't feel anywhere near as hard as before)
- 4 x 1' box drill, alternating scr,
bcr (focussed on 10 secs each of
down front of stroke, along
bottom, up back, across top)
- 6 x 20'' superspins (40'')
Cyclocool - cool down, 5 min
Swim:
10 x (25m drill of group choice, 25m FS)
3 x 150m, 30 sec rest between each
4 x 100m
3x 100m of 3,5,7 3 breathing (25m breathing every 3rd strok, 25 every 5th, 25 every 7th etc)
5om thinking about streamlining turn
total: 1700m
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment