

Might only have been the 2nd time actually out on a bike since I started this blog. Graeme, in the various workouts on cycloclub, is always on about mental strength...well, that (and not a little in the legs too) is certainly needed going up endless fire roads at Glentress Mountain bike centre. I didn't have to go up so much fire road - could've used the more interesting specially built single tracks - but at next week's duathlon, apparently there is more fireroad and less single, so as to get less in the way of the general public (?). So I wanted to find out what it felt like to just keep going..actually, not as horrendous as I expected, after the first half hour or so..but did have to get off on one bit as my legs gave up. But the bike hire chap said he'd give me more gears on the bike I've hired for the event..this one only had one cog at the front. I couldn't keep up with my son - but after the first half hour, was easily going faster and less puffily than his friend - though the friend, who has BMX'd alot, certainly compensated whizzing down the scary single tracks at high speed...he still thought I was a very cool mam though!! He'll be dead impressed when he sees me with a number on front of the bike..

Bike - mountain-biked 3.5 hrs, 2 of which up hill. Felt good! Apart from leaving my lunch in the car - though the boys did give me a bite each from their sandwich! Which meant I was starving by the time we got back down to the Hub - the large breakfast I then had didn't help the -
Run - half hour, steep up and down - tried to relax coming down - not easy. Had intended to run more but exhausted by now. And still 3 hrs driving by the time I'd taken son's friend home..

No comments:
Post a Comment