Monday, 13 April 2009

starting again, again!

...and it really does feel like starting from scratch...

Having
thought I was getting going 10 or so days ago - immediately after that cyclocore session that evening I got a headache - and the next day was flat out with full blown flu, and throwing up aswell by the evening...couldn't even manage online flirting!! Just about managed to get through Sun evening's big concert - a relief, as I'd 've been massively disappointed if I'd had to've missed it.

..Reckying for Keswick Mountain Triathlon...

...so having done a couple of Easter holiday visits, my eldest son and I arrived at Castlerigg Farm campsite last Thursday afternoon, in my dad's posh van - which luckily had a heater. We did a short ride down into Keswick - the first time I'd been out on the road since....????...last August maybe..realised that an operational front brake would be useful going down steepish hills, and just managed to find a bike hire place before it shut who adjusted it...then - this is the good bit - didn't have a problem cycling back UP to the site - which is the first part of the tri route in May. Turned out this was the only cycling we did though, as it got very windy and wet that night. Did drive around most of the route though - and the hill out of Keswick seems to be the steepest. (Also drove (again) round the Helvellyn bike route - just to shock my system into got to do some serious work mode!)

Also walked/ran round most of the run route - the lake bit and the hilly bit anyway - just not sure how it returns to the finish, as we passed the campsite cafe and got distracted! Amazing views. People often comment on my madness at entering events that are hilly - reckoning I couldn't possibly appreciate the scenery - but I do! Combination of lack of any speed whatsoever, and a very laid back attitude to competition (coming last is fun!) - has it's advantages!





No comments:

Post a Comment