Felt good to do a proper longer swim training session. Felt better about my Galashiels swim time too, as doing a 400m where I was able to relax and maintain technique better, was still only doing 2m 16 per 100m - so that's just where I'm at at the moment...goes to show how quickly swimming can deteriorate with a few weeks of no training - as I was able to maintain 2m10 per 100 over longer distance, and do 100s in 2mins with 15-30 secs rest between each a few weeks ago.
Fri 24th April
pool swim, 45 mins (8.15pm)
200m catch up
8x100m on 2m 30secs (100s around 2m 7-10 secs)
400m more relaxed - 10m 05secs (2m 16 per 100)
total - 1400m
sea swim 20mins, 9am
not aiming to swim much, just to acclimatise to the cold water..was a lovely day today, bright, just about sunny through the light mist. Still quite painful though!
3 wks to Keswick Mountain tri with it's swim in Derwent Water - might be even colder, coming off the mountains..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment