Sunday, 28 June 2009

Ouch...!

That refers to how I feel today after my second get up at crack of dawn long hilly run! Can't quite believe I actually got up at 5.30 - to run with two women in Wooler at 6.30am! And after singing in a concert the night before, with another to come the next night, followed straight after by preschool socialising round the clubs of Alnwick - ugh! Good job I grabbed an hour's kip in the afternoon..

Pleased with the run though..(MUCH less ugh than the clubs in Alnwick!) ..but I'm getting left behind on the hills and the other two looked much stronger and easier than me..must keep remembering it's early days...the evidence of which is in my calf and hip muscles today - especially when trying to get downstairs!

Wed 24th June 09 - sea swim, 9.15am, Sugar Sands..
About 30mins, roughly 1200m (we were trying to count our strokes - but very guestimately!) - the lobster pots are out now so at least there's something to aim towards..felt ok given I'd been almost throwing up and horrible head at 8am..took some paracetamol and crashed out for half hr more..then felt better as getting into car for school run - so quickly threw my swim stuff into car...

cyclospeed - active stretching circuit, then abs circuit (30mins ish) - evening

Thurs 25th June 09
Lake swim -
about 30 mins - about 1300m - very warm! Kept going - and up to first end was probably putting more effort in than normal so as to not get too far behind..was I actually going any faster than normal? Who knows! Not sure what happened to folk on way back up lake - but I was mostly by myself!

ok - let's look back at last week's plan and see if I got anywhere near....which I know already I didn't..

Tues - missed the long bike ride, but did go to Wooler to run in the evening - only about 4miles with a fair bit of walking. (period, meant didn't want to push myself, so intentionally missed bike) (hour)
Wed - did about 1200m sea swim - good (half hr)
- also did cyclospeed abs (first time) and active stretch circuits (half hour)
Thur - did half hr lake swim
Sa - 2.5 hrs hilly running

about 5 hrs altogether - which is more than I'd thought - but distinctly lacking in biking..

Will write out this week's plan in morning, as need to sleep..



No comments:

Post a Comment