
Wow, they were such nice scones too - unlike the microwaved stale types you often end up with in Northumberland!.........this was in Muker, Swaledale..which involved a steep 25% climb up from Askrigg, in Wensleydale..can't cycle that yet - but did manage 17% up out of Hardrow the previous day - and several steep bits on the Muker day too...going over the tops between the dales was fantastic - undulating, breezy, sunny and glorious...
The picture above is the top of the 17% out of Hardrow - I only managed to keep going due to a car behind me - I'd've waggled around even more if I'd been trying to unclip! So fear kept me going...
Photo 2 is looking down to Askrigg..


and 3 is looking out over the undulating tops before
dropping to Muker.........
and number 4, if I can make it go below the others...is descending down to Muker - before I got off for the final 25% bit! Far too scary and bendy...met a van coming down when I tried to go up in the car the day before and ended up having to come back down backwards as hand brakes wouldn't hold to let me restart................(yes, they do need some work...)

Ok - so now to get going again, full of coffee and cream scones...next photo (I know these photos are boring for anyone else apart from me!) (tough!) Back up on the Hawes road, steep at first - but cycled - then 25% again - walked! (go to next post, above...........)

No comments:
Post a Comment