Monday, 6 July 2009

Mountain biking - can't do it, boo hoo

Went to Thrunton Woods with son yesterday with aim of a tough mountain bike session followed by a short run - last harder training session before Coniston Mtn bike tri at the weekend...guess it was good for a bit of pedalling uphill practice - but those trails at Thrunton! I didn't have a clue - didn't feel like I could just grit my teeth (and brain!) and just keep going and hope - felt like I needed to know what I was doing! So I walked down most of the one trail we could find (alot of forestry work means alot out of action). A chap we bumped in to earlier was part of the team that build trails there, and he described the more up market, commercialised trails at Kielder and Glentress etc as 'motorways'...give me motorways anyday, they're scary enough! So I surrendered my borrowed bike and ran a bit further instead - with a long uphill section to start as punishment!

Sunday 5th July 09

mountain-bike - run brick (1 hr, 10mins) - biked about half an hour, mostly wide trail, then ran a hilly forty minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment